[Magdalen] Little Michael visited by The Past.

Jay Weigel jay.weigel at gmail.com
Sun Sep 6 21:19:33 UTC 2015

Blasts from the past are frequently great. I recently located and contacted
my college roommate. I kind of didn't expect to hear back from her, as at
the time we were roomies I was pretty difficult and not terribly likeable,
being very unhappy at the small college we were attending. But I got a nice
letter back from her. She did indeed become a music teacher, but her music
took her many places in addition (she had a wonderful pure soprano voice)
and she has sung in St. Peter's in Rome and St. Mark's in Venice. Her life
has taken fewer twists and turns than mine, but she seems happy with it.
She reminded me of a time when she was at my house in Madison and mentioned
to my mom that she was rolling out  piecrust with a beer bottle and mom
gave her a rolling pin, her extra one; she still has and uses it. That
quite delighted me as I had completely forgotten about it.