[Magdalen] In the jungle

Susan Hagen susanvhagen at gmail.com
Mon Sep 7 00:07:57 UTC 2015

I worked on clearing the tree sized pokeweed along the back fence line
today.  It's piled at the curb with young walnut and mulberry trees, other
tall coarse weeds, waiting for the monthly major yard waste pickup.  I came
in covered with poke sap and berry juice and itching wherever it streaked.
What a mess!  This is an annual chore since the birds sit up in the big
evergreens and poop out berries which have a 200% germination rate and grow
about 8 feet in a season.  The stuff is actually very pretty when you see
it along a roadside but it is less desirable as a home landscape plant.

Susan

--
Before enlightenment pay bills, do laundry.  After enlightenment pay bills,
do laundry.