[Magdalen] More with Marcy

James Oppenheimer-Crawford oppenheimerjw at gmail.com
Mon Sep 7 05:20:33 UTC 2015

People sometimes perceive stuff as being true when to another observer, it
is not.

A person totally blind is convinced they can see, for example.  They give
rationalizations for any evidence that they cannot actually see.  In their
mind, they actually are seeing as far as their cognitive functions are
concerned.

My mother in law was unaware that she could not walk, and numerous times
she attempted to get out of her wheelchair.  Falling down never persuaded
her that she could not walk.

It helps to be able to understand that things they see are not what we see,
and they are reacting to the world in what, from their perceptual point of
view, is perfectly normal.

James W. Oppenheimer-Crawford