[Magdalen] In the jungle

Jim Guthrie jguthrie at pipeline.com
Mon Sep 7 17:30:56 UTC 2015

> charles.wohlers at verizon.net writes:
>
> Well it  must exist in Pennsylvania - otherwise Penn State wouldn't have
> instructions on how to get rid of it:
> http://extension.psu.edu/pests/weeds/weed-id/pokeweed>>>>>

> Trust Penn State to have something for everyone - even a PhD in
> Meteorology (Weather Forecasting).  They didn't manage to

Hey! I remember when Dr. Joel Myers and a bunch of grad students created
AccuWeather. They all became millionaires in short order (and might have become
multi-millionaires had the plan to persuade the GOP in Washington to wipe-out
the National Weather Service in favor of "Private Enterprise" -- trying under
Reagan, Bush 1 and Bush 2 . . .

I think the PhD requirement may require a minor in political science and another
minor in business management <g>.

Cheers,
Jim Guthrie