[Magdalen] In the jungle

Lynn Ronkainen houstonklr at gmail.com
Mon Sep 7 20:33:10 UTC 2015

VERY interesting Sibyl!  I had googled briefly only to identify, and I did by photo. We have that here in my corner of TX. I had also thought it was edible in some form but brief skim of what I read seemed to counter indicate that. And bacon fat? Aren't many things enhanced by it! ; )
I only use infrequently these days, mostly for salad dressing, but yesterday when buying eggplant I had a sudden flashback to Omer 30 years ago when I would lightly flour thick slices of eggplant after brushing with egg wash and pan fry in bacon fat... *almost* heaven!  Instead I'll be oven roasting it and making healthier babagnoche (sp?)

Back to a Labor Day of laboring.
Lynn

Sent from my iPhone