[Magdalen] pencils

Lynn Ronkainen houstonklr at gmail.com
Tue Sep 8 15:23:22 UTC 2015

I draw designs in pencil (and have a lovely mechanical one that takes thick lead but I am out of it now - must look online for replacements) and because they are around the house in various spots I where might sit to sketch they often get used for list-making.
Jo, I too was always amazed at the amount of school supplies I had to provide for my kids after moving to TX. I think in Syracuse we supplied paper and pencils in the early primary grades. Each class has communal crayons, rulers, scissors etc. (isn't that how kids learn to share and take care of things??) Not only was the annual list of supplies needed amazingly long it included slate and chalk for k-4!! I knew some parents who would just buy the prepackaged kit every year. That's a lot of slates, rulers and protractors etc to go through. At our house we brought those hardware type items home at the end of the year and used them again the next. Probably another one of those things that scarred my kids for life...
Lynn

Sent from my iPhone