[Magdalen] Loaned out

Scott Knitter scottknitter at gmail.com
Wed Sep 9 14:42:08 UTC 2015

I seem to be the focus of requests to borrow money this year. Now I feel
loaned out and overspent, and sure enough, this morning there's a request
from a former colleague not only for a delay in repaying me but also for
doubling of what I've lent him. I wonder what's going on all of a sudden.
I'm going to say no, despite our call as Christians always to give and in
fact never to ignore any of the many people one encounters daily who ask
for money but to give each of them full attention and time as well as what
they ask for. I'm a little freaked out about having to turn him down and of
course he'll be in sad straits partly because of my insufficient generosity.