[Magdalen] Loaned out

ME Michaud michaudme at gmail.com
Wed Sep 9 17:03:34 UTC 2015

I learned this lesson twice.

First when a Jewish friend married and collected enough checks & cash at
the reception to make a downpayment on their first house. All done quietly
and decently and in good order, with a hug and a blessing. This cheap New
Englander was flabbergasted.

Second, when my mother was diagnosed as terminal and her college roommate
sent me a check for a thousand dollars. I was flabbergasted all over again.
"You'll need it," she said.
And she was right.

I repeat: Jesus didn't tell us to lend.
-M