[Magdalen] Loaned out

Georgia DuBose gdubose at gmail.com
Wed Sep 9 17:16:45 UTC 2015

Agreeing.

I have a friend, a person of great faith and good works, who has had a
lot of misfortune, including the deaths of her husband and son in
close succession. I helped pay for both the funerals. Also helped her
with a semester of her Doctor of Divinity degree. She has done some
very good things for me, but that is not why I did it.

Another person who has had a lot of misfortune, and whom I have helped
financially, once with the request that she use the extra (as it
turned out) sum for a back-up emergency fund, used it instead to hire
a homeless person to clean her apartment, and displayed considerable
ill will about being asked to consider an emergency fund. "No soup for
you." Sometimes, the resulting negativity is not worth the effort.
That's it, kiddo.

I don't think St. Francis would have that attitude, but I have to confess, I do.

Georgia+
who was helped many times when she was a really poor single mom, both
with loans and with gifts.