[Magdalen] Loaned out

James Oppenheimer-Crawford oppenheimerjw at gmail.com
Thu Sep 10 03:16:50 UTC 2015

If one feels they must give this individual anything, I'd say give them
$50, tell them it's a gift, "and it's all I can afford. Period." And walk
away. In fact, that will be a singularly positive act toward him.  Learning
to deal with life independently is not always easy for all of us. Some
simply believe that they cannot do it alone, without using some game to
give them some advantage.  Giving a manipulator finds simply keeps him
dependent on others.

James W. Oppenheimer-Crawford