[Magdalen] Professional panhandlers; was Loaned out.

M J [Mike] Logsdon mjl at ix.netcom.com
Thu Sep 10 15:55:14 UTC 2015

>>>I look at it this way (the Jewish standpoint, or at least that's my
understanding): charity is one's own responsibility. It begins in the
heart, and if one gives with the proper intent, what the recipient does
with the gift is not the giver's problem. The giver has done the good deed.<<<

Since Jesus was a Jew, I think you're onto something there.  :-)=

Intent is definitely part of the picture.  One particularly hot evening, I not only walked a fiver over to my friend at Nob Hill, I also handed him a freshly bought, and warm, Gatorade.  I said "It's not cold, but hey, it's gotta help!"  "God bless you, brother!"