[Magdalen] humorous aside

Cantor03 at aol.com Cantor03 at aol.com
Sun Sep 13 00:19:46 UTC 2015

In a message dated 9/12/2015 12:31:34 P.M. Eastern Daylight Time,
oppenheimerjw at gmail.com writes:

"Five  people have told me you can't sing," answered the  pastor.>>>>>>

The Christ Church Cathedral Choir, Eau Claire, was one of the better
church choirs in that area.  I sang with them for about 20  years.  During
much of that time, there was an alto who was an ace at reading the  music,
but had a most peculiar nasal quality to her voice.  It was as  though
she were trying to project the "a" in "cat" through her nose.

Unless she was instructed frequently to tone it down, she produced
a type of cipher through much of the choir's singing.  Veiled  suggestions
were made by choir personnel (NOT me!) that she should seek some
professional help to hone her voice, but nothing came of it.

It was not the type of choir where singers are generally asked to leave,
so the problem persisted, and I left before there was any solution  made.

Chalk it up under the traditional "Make a Joyful Noise Unto the  Lord".

David Strang.