[Magdalen] Hit and Run Devotion?

Jim Guthrie jguthrie at pipeline.com
Sun Sep 13 17:03:24 UTC 2015

My treatment was done by 5 PM Tuesday, and I knew StMtV had a Sung Mass
scheduled for 6 PM (Nativity of the BVM).

While there, we witnesses and interesting modern phenomena before the service
began:

Man walks up the side aisle to a rack of votive candles. All the time he's
yakking away on a cell phone.

He stops at the rack -- and with his free (right) hand, he lights a match on one
of the other candles, lights one of his own, and then, still yakking away (at
something irrelevant to his actions AFAICT) crossed himself, and continued up
the aisle and out the 47th Street entrance.

Areal Hit and Run Devotion, if you ask Me.

Cheers,
Jim