[Magdalen] Pawpaws - young trees available

Ann Markle ann.markle at aya.yale.edu
Mon Sep 14 13:34:16 UTC 2015

I love pawpaws.  I remember going pawpaw picking with my daddy (back in
Indiana) -- from trees that were VERY tall -- above the canopy -- daddy
said they grew that way to get some sun to the fruit.  It was often a light
frost that brought the fruit down to the ground where we could pick it up.
We lived in town, but Daddy knew where they grew in the country, where he
grew up -- same with black walnuts and persimmons.  Haven't had pawpaws in
ages (found some persimmon trees in Tennessee and pulped/froze/ate them),
but bet they don't grow very well in Buffalo, with its severe winters.

Ann

The Rev. Ann Markle
Buffalo, NY
ann.markle at aya.yale.edu