[Magdalen] Bye bye Abbott?

Roger Stokes roger.stokes65 at btinternet.com
Mon Sep 14 17:37:08 UTC 2015

On 14/09/2015 18:20, Sally Davies wrote:
> I just opened an email from my Sis in Law in Sydney who was throwing a
> party because apparently the "misogynistic creep" Tony Abbott was about to
> get the boot.
>
> It came as news to me - I had no idea that this was about to happen. Does
> it mean he's not Prime Minister any more?

It's (very) early morning in Australia but the procedure now is that he
has to officially tell the Governor-General (representing the Queen as
Head of State) that he is resigning and recommending that Mr Turnbull be
invited to form a government.  That will happen quite quickly (probably
in the morning) and then the new PM will name his new cabinet and they
will be sworn in.  This should certainly be over by the end of the week.

Roger