[Magdalen] Prayers for Ascension, Chicago

Jim Guthrie jguthrie at pipeline.com
Mon Sep 14 20:03:16 UTC 2015

Catherine Phillips  remarked:

> As a priest who has served many interim situations... this may be a signal
> for some/many that there is work to be done.

I suspect that a trained interim who could handle a spikey high parish like
Ascension is a rare bird indeed.

And from anthony clavier

>I have no idea what changes were made or how they were made. Except in the
>usual changes that inevitably occur when a new priest takes over my general
>observation is that the first task is for the priest to become comfortable

IIRC, the changes were made a year into his tenure, which should have been
enough time, I think.

>Patience is so important.

I suppose one could wait 10-20 years waiting for congregational turnover, but
that seems to be beside the point.

Anglo-Catholic Parishes (especially but not exclusively <g>) tend to have
Know-It-All
Clergy or Know-It-All Congregation leaders, and sometimes like charges repel.

Cheers,
Jim