[Magdalen] Prayers for Ascension, Chicago

Scott Knitter scottknitter at gmail.com
Mon Sep 14 23:19:31 UTC 2015

On Mon, Sep 14, 2015 at 6:13 PM, Molly Wolf <lupa at kos.net> wrote:
> Oh boy.  The parish needs to do some serious soul-searching and is apt to fight that with tooth and nail.  If I were the bishop, I would refuse to fill the vacancy until a strong interim had worked with the parish for a good long time.

Agreed; will it happen? Who can say? Our interim before Fr. Cobb
arrived pretty much just kept things going without doing much in the
way of preparation. I gather the previous interim some years ago was
very effective and beloved.

We've been absolutely headed in the right direction with Fr. Cobb, or
at least facing in the right direction if not yet able to move very
quickly. He has the right model for how an Anglo-Catholic parish can
bring people in and flourish. I grieve that we won't get to do that
with him.

--
Scott R. Knitter
Edgewater, Chicago, Illinois USA