[Magdalen] Prayers for Ascension, Chicago

Scott Knitter scottknitter at gmail.com
Tue Sep 15 02:47:31 UTC 2015

On Mon, Sep 14, 2015 at 9:36 PM, Mahoney, W. Michael
<wmmah at stoneledge.net> wrote:
> I don't know.  This sounds pretty much like taking sides, which may be just
> the wrong thing to do, even if you have a strong preference for one side
> over the other.   The idea is to heal, not drive away the bad guys.

What also won't work is if we "Cobbites," as some of us have been
labeled, take our turn disappearing from parish life as some of the
Save Ascension sympathizers have done. We may have blocked each other
on Facebook and stopped entering the fellowship hall for coffee hour,
but we're all still going to have to be there and figure out how we
can move forward together. Hard to imagine right now.

I just wrote a long response to one of the Facebook posts celebrating
the rector's resignation and am waiting for the brickbats and bombs to
arrive. I was tagged into the post and felt I need to say what I think
about all this, once. Hello, sleepless night to come. :)  I know I'll
be called naive and uninformed and if I had just attended the open
vestry meetings I'd know what a devil Fr. Cobb actually is, etc. I'll
freely admit all this and the fact that I'd just as soon have oral
surgery as attend an acrimonious vestry meeting. I can write only what
I think from where I sit and based on what I've heard and read (which
is a lot). Christe eleison.

--
Scott R. Knitter
Edgewater, Chicago, Illinois USA