[Magdalen] Prayers for Ascension, Chicago

Roger Stokes roger.stokes65 at btinternet.com
Tue Sep 15 09:49:26 UTC 2015

On 15/09/2015 03:36, Mahoney, W. Michael wrote:
> On Mon, Sep 14, 2015 at 10:07 PM, Charles Wohlers <
> charles.wohlers at verizon.net> wrote:
>> Another necessary thing: No leaders of the "Save Ascension" group allowed
>> to serve in parish leadership roles.
> I don't know.  This sounds pretty much like taking sides, which may be just
> the wrong thing to do, even if you have a strong preference for one side
> over the other.   The idea is to heal, not drive away the bad guys.

I agree that there is a need for healing but that can mean clearing out
all the source of infection.  This side of the pond the bishop can
disqualify someobody from election as a warden if they have contributed
to the breakdown of the pastoral relationship that resulted in an
incumbent having to leave.  There is also the point, which I raised
earlier, that succeeding in driving Fr Cobb out will have encouraged the
complainers.  For the good of the parish it may be necessary to clip
their wings.

Roger