[Magdalen] immigration / migrant situation --->Re: Professional panhandlers; was Loaned out.

ME Michaud michaudme at gmail.com
Tue Sep 15 23:15:43 UTC 2015

You buy in ($250 - $400 K depending on the size of the apartment) then pay
$2500 per month (which is about the same as a studio or small 1 br
apartment here).
Includes all utilities & amenities and 60 meals a month (although the
apartments have full kitchens).
If you don't take all the meals, they give you a rebate.

They give back 90 per cent of the buy-in cost if you leave/when you die.

This is a pricing model that should make the residents' children very happy.

I ought to say that, for whatever reason, although I've lived in a private
home with family, an apartment alone, an apartment with a partner, I was
happiest living in a dormitory. I loved having my own private space with a
whole world of social stuff happening just on the other side of the closed
door, to join or to withdraw, as I wished. This was like that.

It was also remarkably like a cruise ship, with the daily schedule
spreadsheet on legal-sized paper handed out each morning.

I wish everybody had the opportunity to live in a situation like this (not
just old folks).
The place was spotless and, to my surprise, the common areas weren't hot
(like a nursing home).
-M