[Magdalen] The end of the Anglican Communion??

Roger Stokes roger.stokes65 at btinternet.com
Wed Sep 16 22:26:07 UTC 2015

On 16/09/2015 23:07, M J [Mike] Logsdon wrote:
> legitimacy. I'm not holding my breath waiting for that.<<<
>
> Whew.
>
> I say let them go.

I don't think there would be any objection to that provided they dropped
their (spurious in my book) claim to be the authentic Anglican presence
in North America.  The Chicago-Lambeth Quadrilateral implicitly allows
the constituent Churches of the Communion to order their affairs as
appropriate to their context. This was why, nearly 40 years ago,
Provinces were allowed to make their own decisions over ordaining women.

Homosexuality is the current hot topic and where some have drawn a line
in the sand since they say it is described as an abomination in the OT.
So is eating crab or shrimp or wearing clothes made of mixed fibres.
They also deny evidence from science that same-sex attraction is not
limited to the human species but is found in other creatures as well.

Roger