[Magdalen] immigration / migrant situation --->Re:Professionalpanhandler...

Mahoney, W. Michael wmmah at stoneledge.net
Fri Sep 18 02:08:24 UTC 2015

On Thu, Sep 17, 2015 at 3:14 PM, James Oppenheimer-Crawford <
oppenheimerjw at gmail.com> wrote:

> When my folks went into Bentley Village in Naples,

Bentley?  That's an ironic name for what sounds like a nice place.

"Bentley" is the name of the nursing home that is the setting for the play,
"The Gin Game".  It is not a terribly nice place.

The play, for those who don't know, is about two elderly persons in a
nursing home.  A Mike Nichols production featuring Hume Cronyn and Jessica
Tandy made it rather famous.  I am more than a little familiar with it
because our local theater will, under my direction, be presenting it next
weekend.  But you are more likely to hear about the New York revival, also
opening next weekend with James Earl Jones and Cicely Tyson.

I have thought about inviting Jones and Tyson to a rehearsal so that they
could get some tips.

Grinning,

Mike M.