[Magdalen] NYTimes: Vinyl frenzy.

Sibyl Smirl polycarpa3 at ckt.net
Fri Sep 18 17:26:55 UTC 2015

On 9/18/15 11:45 AM, Cantor03--- via Magdalen wrote:

> In a message dated 9/18/2015 11:51:57 A.M. Eastern Daylight Time,
> mjl at ix.netcom.com writes:
>
> http://tinyurl.com/pj4wjwe>>>>>>
>
> To each his/her own, but I consider vinyl recordings the way I regard
> outhouses:  smelly and totally outdated.  They were nothing but  trouble
> back in the day, and I suspect they are nothing but trouble now.

I still have all my own LPs, many in bad shape, several feet of them in
different shelves I haven't totalled, and much music on them that I have
no other access to.  And I can't play them, either, at this time.  I
keep thinking that some time in the future I'll get set up at least to
copy them.  I'm also thinking "Fat chance!".  I've already passed my
three-score and ten.

--
Sibyl Smirl
mailto:polycarpa3 at ckt.net