[Magdalen] health insurance

Lynn Ronkainen houstonklr at gmail.com
Fri Sep 18 17:50:29 UTC 2015

I have a 'private' health insurance coverage... which has gone up every year
for the last 3 and I do not qualify, in TX, for a 'reduced rate' on the Gov
health site... (which is so proportionally more costly that even if I did
qualify, I can buy my own policy at the same level that the discount would
create)... I just received an email from the online broker I have used
successfully and to my satisfaction  to purchase insurance, with the
following message:

Did you know? The Open Enrollment Period is your window to renew or reshop
for health insurance - and it is just around the corner. With monthly
premiums increasing by as much as 40% in some states, evaluating your health
coverage is more important than ever..

The news here in TX is that with the great success of enrolling more people
last year (the increase was primarily low income folks), the economic
burden, in TX, will cause policies like mine to increase - the 30% figure is
what I've heard bandied about in the paper and by others 'in the know'....
Who knew that when I became the 'new 40' I'd be counting the days until I
could be the 'new 45' and start Medicare, which I'm sure in 2.2 years will
be tweaked beyond recognition...

website: www.ichthysdesigns.com

attributed to Erma Bombeck
by Richard Rohr