[Magdalen] Interesting Funeral

Cantor03 at aol.com Cantor03 at aol.com
Mon Sep 21 03:45:37 UTC 2015

In a message dated 9/20/2015 8:20:41 P.M. Eastern Daylight Time,

(is  Lutheran Thurifer an  oxymoron?).

Naw.

Lutherans around here are more likely than Episcopalians to use
incense.

There's an (former LCMS) ELCA Parish in Saint Paul, MN that has
Solemn High Masses that would be right at home at Smokey Mary's.

Ditto Mt. Olive ELCA parish in Minneapolis.

I attended a Solemn High Mass of the Reformation (?!) there some
years ago.

Now, I'll grant you that my Norwegian Lutheran relatives in the Upper
Midwest would collapse if they saw a thurible in their churches, but  there
are lots of stripes of Lutherans.

David Strang.