[Magdalen] Joe's potential entry.

Roger Stokes roger.stokes65 at btinternet.com
Mon Sep 21 15:34:50 UTC 2015

On 21/09/2015 15:11, Scott Knitter wrote:
> I want to like Hilary Clinton for president, but right now I feel like
> she would bring along a lot of typical longtime politician baggage:
> corporate connections and vested interests, carefully scripted
> just get Bernie Sanders and his clear-thinking mind and gift for
> direct speech.
>
> That may be naive or something, but it's my impression right now. A
> real concern is that Bernie Sanders would be too far left for the
> comfort of swing voters, if there are any of those anymore. But at the
> same time it's why I like him so much.

Isn't that likely to be balanced by swing voters finding any of the
Republican contenders too far to the right?  This side of the pond
another straight-talker has just been elected Labour Party Leader and so
Leader of the Opposition - Jeremy Corbyn.  He has a steep learning curve
ahead of him as he has to change from being a rebel to being a leader
working with his shadow cabinet, many of whom are also inexperienced.

There seems to be a move against the professional politician both sides
of the pond.  Come 2020 and our next General Election Bernie and Jeremy
could be an interesting pairing.

Roger