[Magdalen] RIP Yogi Berra

Cantor03 at aol.com Cantor03 at aol.com
Wed Sep 23 16:40:01 UTC 2015

In a message dated 9/23/2015 11:21:07 A.M. Eastern Daylight Time,
jay.weigel at gmail.com writes:

He was  one of the good guys......even if he did play for the Yankees. I
have  always secretly thought he was a reincarnated Zen master. If you look
at  his famous quotes that way, they really do make  sense.>>>>>

And then there was the comic cartoon character, Yogi Bear.

Berra sued the creators of this children-oriented animated comedy for
defamation of character.

My son was enamored of both the baseball Yogi and the comic Yogi,
and this resulted in our dubbing our only male Miniature Schnauzer,
"Yogi."  He was a beautiful dog, but my ex-wife did not like his  habit
of lifting his legs around furniture and he had to go.

This action resulted in a sort of family mantra, "Mom killed Yogi."

We were more successful with female Miniatures of which I had  nine
over a 40 year stretch, but my son and I still mourn  Yogi.

David Strang.