[Magdalen] RIP Yogi Berra

James Oppenheimer-Crawford oppenheimerjw at gmail.com
Wed Sep 23 23:14:42 UTC 2015

Like many folks, I thought a lot of Yogi.  His wisdom in the epigrams which
may or may not have originated with him were practically enough to assure
his fame.

I'll always remember a little article I read a while back which described
the unfortunate fall-out from a hurtful incident which had him stop
speaking to another person. He just wouldn't do it.  Finally his whole
family just sort of jumped on him and said, "Do you want to take this to
your grave??"
And the next time he saw the other guy, he just talked to him, like how's
the weather.
And it was over. Just like that, they were okay.
But it took something for him to have the core courage to make that move.

James W. Oppenheimer-Crawford