[Magdalen] Neuroscience fact of the day - elephants

Jay Weigel jay.weigel at gmail.com
Thu Sep 24 13:17:56 UTC 2015

I know I'm probably going to get some flak for this, but I've often thought
that elephants, along with whales and the great apes, are not exactly
"animals" but are some other class similar to humans and should be treated
as such. Certainly if we found them on other worlds we would treat them
with greater respect and try to learn to communicate with them, one hopes,
rather than killing them.