[Magdalen] Frankfurterdom.

Cantor03 at aol.com Cantor03 at aol.com
Tue Sep 29 16:30:06 UTC 2015

I stumbled upon a nice aerial view of our cathedral in  Frankfurt/Main,
Germany.  Though heavily damaged in WW-2, it was rebuilt in the
1950's.  It was surrounded by the largest medieval "old city" in  Germany
consisting of half-timbered buildings, but this was all completely
destroyed
by bombing.

War is hell.

There is a street that dead-ends into the 312 ft. tower, and it was a  view
I always gave visitors during the years we lived in Frankfurt/M  because
it was so stunning.  The view never failed to impress.

The church is an important one in the history of Germany, being the
coronation church for German kings.

It now houses an impressive collection of medieval triptychs.

_https://de.wikipedia.org/wiki/Kaiserdom_St._Bartholom%C3%A4us#/media/File:F
rankfurt_Am_Main-St_Bartholomaeus-Ansicht_vom_Nextower-20110812.jpg_
(https://de.wikipedia.org/wiki/Kaiserdom_St._Bartholomäus#/media/File:Frankfurt_Am_
Main-St_Bartholomaeus-Ansicht_vom_Nextower-20110812.jpg)

David Strang - Still a Frankfurter.