[Magdalen] SPICY KOREAN CUCUMBER KIMCHI REFRIGERATOR PICKLES

Lynn Ronkainen houstonklr at gmail.com
Wed Sep 30 11:24:02 UTC 2015

I love those kind of grocery store spontaneous conversations! I've even gotten marvelous recipes from some of those kind of encounters.
Lynn

Sent from my iPhone

On Sep 29, 2015, at 10:10 PM, M J [Mike] Logsdon <mjl at ix.netcom.com> wrote:

Hey Jay!  I was at my grocery store tonight and got to speak with an Asian customer in the Asian section where I was looking (in vain) for Korean chili powder.  I told her what I was looking for and she said, "You know, Marina [half-way between here and Monterey] is just crawling with Korean markets. Go there; you'll find exactly what you're looking for. What are you making?"  I said what, and she said "Go to Marina! You want the real thing for that!"  Well, since smokiness seems to be the unique determiner, do you think standard chili powder with some smoked paprika might work?  (I really don't want to drive to find the real thing.)

Of course, considering how slack I am at getting going on such projects, I could order it from Amazon quite efficiently.