[Magdalen] Saint Michael and All Angels.

Roger Stokes roger.stokes65 at btinternet.com
Wed Sep 30 22:36:00 UTC 2015

On 30/09/2015 23:22, Marion Thompson wrote:
> No, somewhere out on our prairies; probably the same end result.  He
> spent some years at the now-defunct (he was the priest who saw its
> merger with another church in the area) St. Margaret's in Toronto, a
> prayerbook church founded as an evangelical response to
> Anglo-Catholicism.  Why in God's name would a bishop send him to us?
> Just another breathtaking example of episcopal insensitivity.

I'm afraid some Evangelicals can be like that.  They forget that the
Anglican tradition has breadth and seeks to incorporate different styles
of worship and different emphases, thinking that their understanding and
their preferred style is the only valid one.  As to why the bishop sent
this particular priest, probably just somewhere to put him.

Incidentally after sending my last post I wondered if somebody would be
brave enough to overrule his redactions and put in the "Saints" and
refer to Our Lady in the normal wau while reading the prayers. If
someone referred to her as "Blessed Mary, ever virgin" then you should
probably have an ambulance outside ;-)

Roger