[Magdalen] Odd patrons at local eatery

Jay Weigel jay.weigel at gmail.com
Fri Apr 1 13:43:59 UTC 2016

We got vinyl siding 3 years ago and we *still* get the odd woodpecker
pouncing on it. They are crazy. My favorite woodpecker story, which I've
told before, involves the day I was walking up our street in Tennessee and
heard a pounding-on-metal noise overhead. I looked up to see a good-sized
woodpecker (not a pileated, so I imagine it was a redheaded) drumming on
the metal box on one of the utility poles. I wondered what the heck he was
doing there and decided he was either a frustrated musician or he was
sending a message about territory.