[Magdalen] Trump, education and children

Eleanor Braun eleanor.braun at gmail.com
Sat Apr 2 14:34:30 UTC 2016

On Sat, Apr 2, 2016 at 3:49 AM, Sally Davies <sally.davies at gmail.com> wrote:

> My question: Is he in fact "uneducated" himself and literally unaware of
> either facts or ethical issues or even political sensitivities;  or is he
> making a cynical and deliberate appeal to the millions of citizens who do,
> genuinely, appear to be uneducated and ignorant and frandly malevolent?

Sally:  A whole industry is blooming, trying to answer the question of what
is going on with Donald Trump.  I think it's a bit of both.  Mainly he is
fueling his narcissistic campaign off the anger of white men who feel that
if they can't be on the top of the heap then they are being oppressed.  He
does seem truly uninformed about pretty much every issue he has opened his
mouth about, and his supporters really don't care.  So long as he stokes
the racism and misogyny of his supporters with more and more outrageous
claims and promises, they are good with that.

Eleanor