[Magdalen] Trump, education and children

Sally Davies sally.davies at gmail.com
Sun Apr 3 22:44:31 UTC 2016

Indeed I do, Sib.

So perhaps not a good choice of phrase...but these days children can
mobilise in their thousands, without having to put themselves in physical
danger.

And my hope is that they will, because if kids this far away (South
Africa) are being shaken up and traumatised by the things that Trump has
been saying and the language he uses to say them, i'm sure the effects on
American children must be far stronger.

What Obama recently said (regarding the Pacific region) is very true: the
President of the USA is an important figure to people around the world,
therefore the thought of a hateful, irresponsible, racist and war-mongering
person in that role is profoundly disturbing.

Sally