[Magdalen] PB statement after investigation

Roger Stokes roger.stokes65 at btinternet.com
Mon Apr 4 23:10:19 UTC 2016

On 04/04/2016 23:53, Jay Weigel wrote:
> As my late ex would have said, that is confusing the issue with itself. So
> we now know as much as we did before and the curtain of darkness is still
> over the issue.

Details of disciplinary cases may well still be regarded as confidential
even when they are concluded.  This can be frustrating but is quite
common unless there has been a court case which makes it public
knowledge.  From what has been said it appears that two employees of
DFMS were directly involved in contributing to an atmosphere at 815
which was not in accord with Christian ideals. The precise nature of the
allegations has not been revealed and speculation might be deemed
unseemly as it could easily lead to gossip and innuendo..

They reported to Bishop Sauls who was apparently unaware of what was
happening, which implies that his supervision of them and ensuring of an
appropriate atmosphere in the office was not all it might have been so a
complete change is deemed appropriate.  I assume that the discussions
the PB refers to are concerned with how to bring his appointment as
Chief Operating Officer to an end in a seemly manner.

Roger