[Magdalen] Some unfortunate signs and sayings

James Oppenheimer-Crawford oppenheimerjw at gmail.com
Tue Apr 5 20:47:10 UTC 2016

Apparently one church just could not contain its enthusiasm for a good turn
of events (the alternative is just unthinkable):

----------------------------
GOD IS GOOD ! !

DR. HARGREAVE'S BETTER ! !
----------------------------

My beloved spouse was a bit surprised.
"You mean you actually haven't seen that one before?"

And another sign of not-thinking-it-through at a bookstore:

------------------------------
THE HOLY BIBLE

SIGNED COPY
------------------------------

Not to be outdone, the New York Times wrote:

"Dr. Salick donated, along with his wife, Gloria, $4.5 million to Queens
College for the center."

I wonder what the going rate for slaves would be, should the center want to
resell her.....

And here's one that you've seen before, but every time I think of it, I
just have to chuckle again:

"For those of you who have children and don't know it, we have a nursery
downstairs."

I think we all enjoy this because we have all done it. I know I certainly
have.

James W. Oppenheimer-Crawford