[Magdalen] WTPho?

M J _Mike_ Logsdon mjl at ix.netcom.com
Wed Apr 6 15:58:25 UTC 2016

>>>I discovered pho when I was on my first travel assignment in Alexandria.
There was a strip mall around the corner and down the hill from where I
lived entirely made up of food places and I took a tour through them. The
Vietnamese place was my favorite, a long, narrow mom-and-pop place run by a
young couple. I went there at least once a week. Mom and pop had an
adorable daughter who was around two, who would walk up and down the aisle
surveying the diners like a small princess. She never spoke, but her
occasional smiles were dazzling. And the food, especially the pho.....YUM!<<<

I really don't know why this place of mine has taken me by such a storm.  I tried pho for the first time years ago in the Bay Area, and loved it.  But I'm so slow to make food changes in my life, even if fun ones.  (There's even a genuine Thai restaurant even closer than Mr Noodles, and I'm still pondering.  Maybe it's because it's where my bbq joint used to be be.  Mental and emotional associations.)  There's plenty of other choices on the small but full menu, and I'm sure I'll venture into some of the other noodle dishes soon.  But for the meantime, pho.  And I've decided that tonight's will be a combo spring AND flank steak.  Surf and turf pho?  Sure!