[Magdalen] Romanesque Road.

Cantor03 at aol.com Cantor03 at aol.com
Wed Apr 6 23:47:04 UTC 2016

I recently discovered some missing pictures I took of the (former)
Cathedral
of Naumburg, Germany, especially of the famous medieval statuary of  the
church's patrons in the choir.  Naumburg is Romanesque, but also
Transitional
to the later Gothic style.

As I have been poking about the internet, I realize that there is  something
called the "Romanesque Road" with many such buildings, religious and
secular in the State of Saxony-Anhalt in NE Germany.  I've toured  perhaps
a quarter of the buildings listed, but there are so very many others  that
I'll simply have to leave for another lifetime:

https://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/Romanesque_Road

https://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/Naumburg_Cathedral

David Strang.