[Magdalen] Whole Foods wins !!!

Jay Weigel jay.weigel at gmail.com
Thu Apr 7 18:02:20 UTC 2016

I have recently started buying coffee in bean form at Costco. It's Mayorga
Cuban Roast. They also have another, lighter roast, I think Costa Rican or
Honduran, but I like the darker roast. It's not burnt tasting like
Starbuck's, just nice and dark and mellow. It's also fair-traded and comes
in bean form in 2-lb. bags. I used to grind it there but I recently bought
a small electric grinder for myself and grind my own every morning, yum.
Wal-Mart also sells some kinds of fair-traded coffee, as does Kroger, both
to my surprise, but most are not in bean form.

We have a grocery co-op in Harrisonburg, but it's not what I consider a
*real* co-op, just a more expensive kind of grocery store. I do, however,
shop there on occasion because they carry things I can't find elsewhere.