[Magdalen] WTPho?

Scott Knitter scottknitter at gmail.com
Thu Apr 7 18:51:59 UTC 2016

Makes sense; I've generally thought of it as an F-bomb minus the final
consonants.

We've got a Little Vietnam in the Uptown neighborhood just south of
Edgewater; there must be 10+ Vietnamese places including a very
popular one called Tank Noodle. First time we ate there, we didn't
really have a concept of what is normal to order, so we each ordered
pho plus a meal, thinking the pho was simply soup to be eaten as a
starter. The low prices encouraged this thinking. The waiter seemed to
give us an "Are you sure?" expression but didn't question our choices
directly. Then our table began to fill up with the large bowls of pho
and then the various parts of the meals we had ordered. The pho
basically filled us up and the meals went into packages to take home.

A funny old man kept coming to our table with a pitcher of ice water
and saying, "Wadda wadda?"

--
Scott R. Knitter
Edgewater, Chicago, Illinois USA