[Magdalen] Whole Foods wins !!!

Lynn Ronkainen houstonklr at gmail.com
Thu Apr 7 23:34:42 UTC 2016

I am on a Cafe Bustelo kick again. Cheap, "expresso ground" blend from central or South America- cold brewed. It's been over a year since I've made a batch after drinking it that way for about 5 years and I need to stock up again and get back in the routine. 10oz in my giant stainless bowl overnight/12 hours - strained through muslin makes a gallon of "concentrate" that serves up one part coffee concentrate, one part water. If you want it hot add boiling water. Will keep up to two weeks in the fridge. Just finished an afternoon mug cold.
Lynn

Sent from my iPhone

On Apr 7, 2016, at 5:34 PM, Bob Rea <petard at petard.us> wrote:

> On Thursday, April 07, 2016 02:02:20 PM Jay Weigel wrote:
> I have recently started buying coffee in bean form at Costco. It's Mayorga
> Cuban Roast. They also have another, lighter roast, I think Costa Rican or
> Honduran, but I like the darker roast. It's not burnt tasting like
> Starbuck's, just nice and dark and mellow. It's also fair-traded and comes
> in bean form in 2-lb. bags. I used to grind it there but I recently bought
> a small electric grinder for myself and grind my own every morning, yum.
> Wal-Mart also sells some kinds of fair-traded coffee, as does Kroger, both
> to my surprise, but most are not in bean form.

A local Ingles market sell a variety of whole beans at 6.98 a pound.  I buy
the french roast. And I too use a small grinder every morning. And a small
French Press

Bob Rea