[Magdalen] +++Welby addressing the ACC

Eleanor Braun eleanor.braun at gmail.com
Fri Apr 8 19:26:00 UTC 2016

On Fri, Apr 8, 2016 at 2:49 PM, Roger Stokes <roger.stokes65 at btinternet.com>
wrote:

> http://www.anglicannews.org/multimedia/archbishop-welby-briefs-acc-on-primates-meeting.aspx

> There was also another dig at Churches which are very hierarchical in
> their structures giving too much authority of clergy, and especially
> bishops, uver the laity.

That dig is most necessary. The result of the gathering of (again) all men
primates is in contrast to the gathering of Anglican Communion women at the
recent UN Commission on the Status of Women, where they reaffirmed their
"Walking Together" statement from 9 years ago:

*Given the global tensions so evident in our church today, we do not accept
that there is any one issue of difference or contention which can, or
indeed would, ever cause us to break the unity as represented by our common
baptism. Neither would we ever consider severing the deep and abiding bonds
of affection which characterize our relationships as Anglican women.*

http://www.anglicannews.org/news/2016/03/statement-from-the-anglican-communion-delegation-at-un-csw60.aspx

Eleanor