[Magdalen] An interesting medical bill breakdown.

ME Michaud michaudme at gmail.com
Sat Apr 9 18:36:58 UTC 2016

A friend is married to a nuclear pharmacologist (PhD).
Boy, do they make the big bucks.

Tough work, radiation badges, exposure risks, of course. Always reading up
on the latest literature and regulations. The State, the Feds and even the
anti-terrorism people paying attention. Huge fines for the institution if
anything gets lost or ends up in a landfill.

We had an investigation here when the trash collection people delivered
radioactive adult diapers to a landfill and it set off all the alarms. They
came thru the neighborhood with old-fashioned geiger counters, then it
accelerated. A sad, ugly week.

I am remembering the day (maybe ten years ago) when a single treatment dose
cost $40K. Wonder what it costs now?
-M