[Magdalen] Arrow prayers, please

Marion Thompson marionwhitevale at gmail.com
Sun Apr 10 19:19:01 UTC 2016

Well, there we are.  Mission accomplished.  For whatever reason we
celebrated the Feast of the Annunciation today with those readings and
Luke.  My first part was a history lesson on the significance of March
25th as the Annunciation and the traditional date of the Crucifixion,
marking both the start and completion of Christ's life here on earth as
well as the arc of Mary's own joy and sorrow. Stuff and so on.  I
learned a lot putting that part together.  The two observances rarely
coincide.  The next time is 2157 and we likely won't see it!  But nobody
else ever will again if 'they' agree to fix the date of Easter.

Anyway, it was well received and people loved hearing a bit of the rich
history and double significance of March 25th as well as the second part
more about Mary and Here am I.  I think most of us are woefully ignorant
of what at one time was considered of profound importance.  I was happy
to slip into the old role of chalice bearer, too.

So, all good.  God is good and I am grateful for all the blessings of my
new life.

Marion, a pilgrim