[Magdalen] Arrow prayers, please

Roger Stokes roger.stokes65 at btinternet.com
Sun Apr 10 21:15:31 UTC 2016

On 10/04/2016 21:16, Grace Cangialosi wrote:
> OK, I get that we don't celebrate the Annunciation during Lent, but why would it be celebrated today, on a Sunday, instead of on the first available day after Easter? I'm not criticizing anyone, just curious.

It can be (and often is) celebrated during Lent but not within the week
either side of Easter Day.  That would make it last Monday, 4 April.
However some churches who do not have a significant take-up of midweek
services like to move major feasts to a Sunday.

> A friend of mine was ordained on the Feast of the Annunciation; she was hugely pregnant at the time.
> We all wondered if the baby was, therefore, ordained as well...

In my last parish I had someone who was pregnant when confirmed and a
similar consideration applied.

Roger