[Magdalen] Kicking and Screaming.

Cantor03 at aol.com Cantor03 at aol.com
Mon Apr 11 04:25:39 UTC 2016

The dreaded update on my PC to Windows 10 (from 7) has
occurred.  I returned to the computer after my Traditional Sunday  Afternoon
Nap, to find this process well underway.  I had ignored dozens of  pop-up
screens begging me to allow this, but I didn't want the hassle.   Windows
did it anyway.  I'm being dragged by my hair into the Modern  Age.

After ten minutes of scary screens congratulating me about various  aspects
of Windows 10, and notifications that such and such updates had  occurred,
I at last came to a recognizable screen with my usual icons,  though there
were
notices that several of the icons were obsolete, and would therefore be
missing
from the lineup.

It's not clear to me whether Norton 360 has been likewise transferred  to
the new Windows 10, but I hope so.

David Strang.