[Magdalen] Kicking and Screaming.

James Oppenheimer-Crawford oppenheimerjw at gmail.com
Mon Apr 11 22:52:27 UTC 2016

I have a password on my computers.  Nobody but me gets in.  If it was in
sleep mode, doesn't matter. Nobody can start or wake it up but me.  The
password process is just a couple of seconds.

I have also been advised by the individual servicing my PC that it is
advised that you shut it down when not using it. This is opposite of the
wonderful word of mouth I had always gone by.  Apparently just one more
instance in what the stuff everybody knows (keep your computer on all the
time. It's better for it) is not only wrong, but diametrically wrong.  It's
apparently the worst thing you can do.

James W. Oppenheimer-Crawford