[Magdalen] People are yelling!

Scott Knitter scottknitter at gmail.com
Thu Apr 14 16:59:30 UTC 2016

Today there are protests all over Chicago urging hikes in the minimum
wage. I hear one going on right now, accompanied by news helicopters
doing live coverage on the 11 a.m. news programs. Definite yelling.

I remember wondering at university in the early 80s why nobody
protested anymore. It was refreshing to see a group of Arab students
protesting discrimination. Someone finally cared about something! (I
wasn't glad about the discrimination, of course...but about the
protest against it).

In 2016, it seems there's plenty to take to the streets about.
Peacefully, but loudly.

--
Scott R. Knitter
Edgewater, Chicago, Illinois USA