[Magdalen] Anniversary.

Cantor03 at aol.com Cantor03 at aol.com
Fri Apr 15 11:54:56 UTC 2016

Thirty years ago today I left Wisconsin where I had lived most of
my life to start a new life-chapter in Pennsylvania.  It was a  well-timed
departure, because the last remnants of individual private practice
were nearing extinction in my area of the West Central part of the  State
secondary to the two largest clinics in the region - the Mayo Clinic  and
the Marshfield Clinic - moving into the region wholesale.  It was like  Wal
Mart
moving in across the street from a mom and pop store.

The car was high piled with stuff to get me through until the movers
arrived
at the rental house in Wilkes-Barre suburb of Mountain Top with the  major
portion of my furniture.  The moving expenses were courtesy of the  local
VAMC.  In the packed car and having a wonderful time in all the  excitement,
were my two Miniature Schnauzers, Hailey and Aster.

The rental home turned out to be too small for my stuff, and within  500
feet of I-81, and it was impossible to have a conversation outside in
the yard because of the continuous racket.

So I eventually bought my present home which was under construction
at the time.  The job at the VAMC turned out to be a winner, and,  as
goes the expression, the rest is history.

David Strang, the reluctant  Pennsylvanian.